I’ve been nominated by Twelve Week Eternities for the One Lovely Blog Award.
I feel that over the past two months, since I suffered my third loss, my blog has become more than a way for me to update the grandparents on our lives and keep records of my own history. In the past two months, I have really relied on the recurrent loss and infertility communities as an understanding support group.
I’m fortunate enough to get amazing support from my husband, our families, and a few close friends who have been with me every step of this journey. But with all of the questions that arose after loss number three, I’ve tried to rely on Dr. Google less and instead connect with actual people whose stories I can learn from their blogs.
I have to say that these connections have just been so very helpful to me. I feel like I have a team of blog “friends” now and I’ve loved cheering everyone on as we all work towards the same goal. Twelve Week Eternities was one of the first blogs that I discovered and I’ve felt since the beginning that Alexis and I have so much in common in our approach to loss. I think that we are the same brand of crazy and I mean that in the nicest way possible!
Ok, that’s enough emotional rambling.
The criteria for accepting a One Lovely Blog Award are:
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts about me:
1. I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in under 30 seconds thanks to the Fifty Nifty United States song from elementary school. I used to work at a summer camp and used this “skill” for the Gong Show.
2. When I was ten years old, my dad took me on a cross-country camping trip from Pennsylvania to California and back over eight weeks. We stopped at all of the major National Parks and I saw so many amazing sights. I’d love to replicate this for my family some day but I think Lance and I chose the wrong careers to make it happen.
3. I was an incredibly picky eater growing up and didn’t start to outgrow it until after college! I can thank Lance for helping me overcome. Sushi went from being scary to one of my most favorite foods!
4. I’ve played ice hockey since i was 13 years old. I currently play in a women’s league and credit it with rediscovering a love of the game.
5. I once worked in event management at an arena. My three most memorable moments: Dave Matthews asking me if I was his masseuse, Will I. Am offering to help me pull a cart because it was twice as big as I was, and Jay from Rascal Flatts turning the volume all the way up on my walkie during a meeting hoping it’d make a commotion and get me in trouble.
6. I use pinterest all the time to come up with decorating and recipe ideas. I am definitely one of “those” people.
7. I still want to be an Olympian. Is it too late to learn how to curl?
I feel like most of the blogs that I follow have already been nominated, but I’ll go ahead and do this anyway!